Hello and welcome to February! This is a short month (even on a leap year) and this has got us thinking about the time it takes to get fit. In the old days, getting fit was all about how much time you put in. An hour of swimming laps in the swimming pool, 45 minutes jogging, anyone? Research is growing that there are many benefits to short bursts of intense exercise, for both improving cardiovascular function and fat loss. So where does Pilates fit in with this?
Here at Pilates Community, we have a wonderful library of short, easy to access Pilates videos, to allow you to do Pilates in your own time, in your own house, to suit you and your lifestyle. Couple this with the below easy ways to increase your daily activity and you are on your way to vastly improved fitness and health, in a gentle and pain-free way.
Easy ways to increase activity in your daily routine
Try these things to improve your daily activity levels:
- If you take public transport, get off a stop early and walk the rest of the way. If possible, walk briskly
- When at the supermarket, if you can, use a basket instead of a trolley, as this will force you to engage your core muscles and arm muscles.
- Don’t use the lift or get out one or two floors early and walk up the stairs
- See if you can increase the speed you do your housework, faster vacuuming and dusting will raise your heart rate and therefore help to improve your cardio-vascular health.
- If you are making short car journey, think about whether you can walk instead? That way you not only fit in a walk but can also get some fresh air and take in your surroundings, all good for your general wellbeing!
Squeeze and breathe!
Love Hannah x
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.